Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Is your ride protected?



If you are a car guy like me, your car is a prized possession and too many, it is almost like a family member. But when it comes to insurance and protecting our ride, many of us do a poor job of selecting the right type of insurance coverage. Insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims; as a matter fact from where I'm sitting it looks like they are in the business of charging as much as they can, while paying out as little as they can get away with. This is one of the main reasons why the number of personal injury attorneys in Miami has skyrocketed over the last few years. He seems that nowadays is almost impossible to get fair value from an insurance claim.

It was not until her again Andrew in August of 1992 when I realize the importance of having adequate insurance coverage as well as knowing and honest Miami claims adjuster. Today it is almost impossible to get proper valuation on your vehicle. On average a standard insurance policy only covers about 80% of the value of the vehicle. If you have a lot of custom work, custom equipment and or any older known factory accessories it is important that you extend your coverage to include these items all the wireless in the event of theft or a total loss wreck this items will not be covered.

In many cases coverage for after-market accessories and custom work is not really that expensive. I was recently involved in a pretty substantial accident and although I didn't get hurt my truck suffer quite a bit of damage. After filing a claim with Progressive Insurance I was insulted as to their proposed value my vehicle. Not knowing what to do I was forced to hire a Miami car accident lawyer and within a few days they came back with an offer almost 4 times the original amount. It is pitiful the one has to resort to this type of engagement in order to get satisfactory value from an insurance company. In summary, if you are a Miami car audio guy like me I will advise you to revisit your policy and make sure that all the after-market equipment you have on your vehicle is covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment